Friday, December 10, 2010

The Unthinkable

The unthinkable has happened... I watched a Malay movie on my own accord...this is a first for me..usually I won't spend a single ringgit to watch a Malay movie in the cinema. I mean, why bother, it will be on the raya lineup on astro ria anyway...

Ngangkung, surprisingly, is a good movie to watch. It is hilarious, especially Angah of Raja Lawak fame, he cracks me up!The story revolves the lives of three friends, who wants to have it all the easy way.. So what do they do? They engage in bomoh's to show 'em the money!

Needless to say, as the wise has claimed - Easy Come, Easy Go..money obtained not through halal ways is not berkat, so the three find out.

The ending was a let down though...hafiz and I thought it could have been better, but instead it was rather cliche and anti-climatic.

Overall, i give the movie 3 and a half stars..which is the most i've given to a malay movie..KL Menjerit and the other crap that Yusof Haslam's son directs won't get a single star from me.

So Ngangkung deserves to be in my Good Malay Movies list...right after P.Ramlee's movies, Cinta, Pisau Cukur and Layar Lara..

Till the next movie...i'm signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment