Monday, December 20, 2010

We Are Green and Clean People

This blog entry is long overdue. But since i pay tribute to Taman Negara Merapoh, it is a shame if I don't tell a bit about her sister, Taman Negara Kuala Tahan.


I had the golden oppurtunity to join MOTOUR in the Tourism Boot Camp, in collaboration with AMP Radio Networks (That's where Hitz, Mix, Lite, Era come from). So from 19 till 21 November 2010, i headed to Taman Negara along with a whole bunch of people from MOTOUR and AMP.

We had to cross over to Taman Negara by boat...no excitement there...it was less than 5 minutes..

I had been here once with the JPA team, but this time we had the comforts of staying in a chalet and not in wet tents like my previous trip. But both trips are special in their own way.


This is a picture of me and my roomie, Radiah in front of our "home" for the next 3 days. As you can see, it is made with wood (my favourite building material) and i very cosy inside.


Please note we are wearing the official t-shirt, we were given two, one white and one black...yin and yang if you please..

The first night we were there...we were kind of sticking to the same crowd, no ice breaking session, but then we were too tired to mingle anyway. But not too tired to go night walking...it was raining, but we didnt let that dampen our spirits. We even got to see a couple of adult sambar deer and their young, eating from a distance.

Hoho...I failed to mention about the all-red guy that caught my eye on the first day I was there. He was one of the Mix FM winners...he wore a red thirt, red track bottom and orange back pack! I mean...if we were lost in the jungle, we won't have much of a problem of being spotted as he could be seen from outer space!! hahaha...(sorry hizal, but you were eye-catching).



The next day was more exciting..the whole crew went for the canopy walk, but i had other plans. I went to check out the canopy walk that was under repairs. Thanks to MOTOUR for giving us the money :) More please for RMK-10 ya??


So this is the completed canopy walk, and it will be open in December, so as I'm writing this blog, the canopy will have received its visitors.


The next plan, is to build tracks that are durable to withstand the elements. It will definately be a better way to walk and enjoy the forest, without worrying to accidentally kick stray roots and end up flat on your face.


In the evening, we had the chance to visit the Orang Asli settlement, from the Bateq tribe. There we learnt how they lived with minimal necessities, no electricity, no pipe water...no toilet!! I won't last a day there, that's for sure. Give me civilization anytime!


But the fun part was the boat ride, we had a load of fun. it was like a mini war field! our boats were constantly trying to splash other boats, so it was a rather fun and wet day. So you have to understand why there are no pictures...our cameras were kept in plastic to keep from getting them wet...and when I say wet...I mean we were really WET!

So this is a picture of the savage jungle warriors of Taman Negara, complete with face paint...there goes my make-up..That night, we had the barbeque, where we were entertained by PERHILITAN's band. We were dancing and having fun like there's no tomorrow...we even had the chance to dance the sewang! There was this rather interesting game named "Bertunang, Berkahwin dan Berpisah". Somehow I wasn't too happy with the game, but that will remain as Radiah's and my secret. Oh, did I mention that I was now looking forward to watching our Red Guy? Haha...I managed to get his name during our game the afternoon before.

Speaking of the games, that was when we really bonded. MOTOUR's team ganged up with the Mix team, so there is where you can see the hidden talent of Reefa as a netball player. But our team was really good! We had a good lineup, Reefa as the GA, Hizal as the GS, Royden was WA, Radiah (GK) and me as the GD. And our Centre was a whole thing already! Apart from netball, we also played volleyball and croquet.

Back to the barbeque. So I had to represent my table for the sumpit game, and guess what! I hit bulls-eye!! I was really aiming at someone..haha..another secret that i will only tell after...well that's a secret as well...sorry
So this is there picture with my winning shot! Look at the surprised faces of my fellow opponents...and they say a girl can't shoot a sumpit...




















Now this blog won't be complete without pictures of me with the radio presenters. it is sooo cool to finally see the faces behind the voices!


This is a picture of me with the lovely Natalie- Hitz.fm























The very cute gentleman with the thumbs up is Zak of Lite fm and the dashing gentleman with the peace sign is the famous Jamal Jamaluddin.
I'm taking this chance to say thank you to these wonderful individuals that have made my day, especially Zak who I listen to every weekday mornings on my way to work.

As promised, i listen to Abang Jamal's show and I have to say, his selection of songs bring me back to a younger, carefree days of my youth, where were no problems, no worries..just happy sun shiny days.






And this is our group picture with Reefa, who suddenly became camera shy all of the sudden. Haha...the Red Guy returns...I wonder how many red shirts does he own??? But if he feels good in red, go ahead brother...nobody can say its not a good colour on you...come to think of it...it is a very good colour on you...*wink*wink






















This is our farewell picture. I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to my counter parts in MOTOUR, Cik Norsiah, Cik Iza and Cik Radiah...you guys rock! And here's to more boot camps.

So all in all...this was a great experience for me, getting to know a whole lot of people, so I dont get stuck with meeting with the same people all over again. I made fond memories, new friends, bonded with my MOTOUR buddies, get to "rasmi" the completed canopy project.

So MOTOUR, if there are more boot camps, count me in!

2 comments:

  1. Salam..ui best nyer tengok hangpa pi Taman Negara. Cek memang teringin sesangat nak pi sana (salah satu wishlist cek tu since sekolah menengah). Tapi sampai skg asyik kensel je plan hehehe.

    Ni email cek janggeltrekking@yahoo.com
    ada apa2 yang menarik inform la yer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ado ni ha FB ese... shahrin Al-Mansur sila la add. kalo tak jupe (gara-gara privacy setting) sila add guna email janggeltrekking@yahoo.com .

    ReplyDelete