Friday, April 17, 2009

Introducing Tisha Starfish!








My love for all this water-related was cemented in my blood ever since i was a little child..we used to go to the company's beach house in PD every school holidays..


During my Uni days, i was either going to major in Ecology or Marine Sciences, but opt for the former as i love the environment in many aspects, including marine life or terrestrial.


I was offered to do my scuba licence when i was in Uni, with a dirt cheap price of RM500, but as many of u may know, RM500 is a hefty sum when u r in Uni, things to consider like college fees, materials, books, fieldwork..so I had to pass the chance..but the dream lives on..


So when my bestie, farah asked me whether i was interested in joining a scuba classs early this year..i jumped at the chance..so after attending theory classes and pool lessons..we headed to Redang on the 11th of April 2009..


I am blessed to have a very committed buddy, and thankful that our instructor KAZ is someone i could really get along..KAZ is a follow-by-the-book instructor, and one very responsible person..


I was obviously very jittery on the first dive...this time i remembered to equalize properly..since i had a very painful experience in the pool session..and the sea!! Ya Allah!! Gorgeous...for those of u who loves snorkeling like i do, being underwater is a different ballpark alltogether! The fish, colourful, more evidence of our Creator's divinity, the corals..spectacular..i could go on forever..


Unfortunately, we had a little incident...well..okay..i kinda slept underwater...dont ask me how that happened..(secretly i blame KAZ for being such a bore.. kekekeke) but i was lucky i had a rescue diver with me, Shafuan, my hero! I dont really recall what happened..except for one moment to the surface, i kind of panicked and took off my regulator and mask!
Well..to cut a story short, we had to cut the dive short too...we went back to the dive shop where i rested before going for the 2nd dive..surface interval...
Normally, a person would be a bit worried to continue, having experiencing something like that..but as how KAZ put it, "Ina's being competitive"...so i swallowed my fear and dive for the second time..determined to do better..which i did!
More dive stories to come..keep posted!






1 comment:

  1. Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Nice story...
    keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete