Friday, April 3, 2009

Things To Do Before I Die : Taman Negara








I have always wanted to go to Taman Negara...


First time..wanted to go with my college mates..but had to go to field work...


2nd time with my Uni buddies..but had a college thingy going on..so cannot go..


But third time is a charm..with the grace of Kak Mas from JPA, i had the oppurtunity to join a group of people, not only from JPA, but JPM and NRE as well..on an exploration trip to Taman Negara..


Madey brought along Shukri (who somehow is called Ucop..), and together with Kak Mas, Rashbab and Farah Dhiba...we set off at 11 pm, 27 March 2009 in front of JPA..together with a team of 34 people..


We reached (Alhamdulillah..driver bus was on the phone all nite long) Jerantut at 5.30 am...a very groggy me went to look for a toilet..Rashbab..well...subur la tanah umah org tu, babe..

Then walked to the camp site..proceeded to eat breakfast on a floating restaurant..and to a lovely place where we berendam to our hearts content..


It was off to the Kelah Conservation Site, but unfortunately, there was no kelah to hug (please note my Former KSU holding the kelah..i uploaded the image..) but we had a blast swimming with them..and thank God, Sifoo brought goggles..
We headed back to camp...ate heartily, thanks to the ever-ready Ajeep..and rested..before proceeding to Gua Telinga..
Anyone who wants a taste of guano (that's bat poo) should go to the cave..its full of poo! never in my life have i seen so much crap! And between u and me..i got to see something else as well..but in respect of nazri..this will remain between us groopies :)
Later that nite...we had our barbeque..and our ice-breaking session..by 9.30 most of us were too tired to go on.. but i never could sleep on the first night im at a new place...thanks to my troubadour who sang my birthday song :)
The next day, after a heavy breakfast..we sat out to Bukit Teresek..unfortunately i did not make it to the top..thanks to my calf..so had to be satisfied with the view...but the good part is that i got a leg massage from Sifoo, company from the lovely Puan Nafisah and Ajeep..
Thank goodness i was able to experience the Canopy Walk...the view was breathtaking..the company..sublime..hmmm...for the first time in my life...i find myself longing for something i could not have...
The evening part was the best of all..we went to a jeram..its true what they say "It's not the destination that's important..it's the journey"..We had so much fun!!! Kudos to our bot drivers for giving us such a good time...and to the crew of the lost ship...ngahahaha!! too bad!!
Needless to say, I enjoyed myself to the max on the trip...met more friends of the same interests..and doing things I never thought i dared to do..
The trip back was cosy..but being too tired..i could not sleep..so i enjoyed the company of my new found friends..wishing for something i can't have, and letting the memories of Taman Negara drown my cares away..
next up : My redang trip with diving buddies..cant wait!!























1 comment:

  1. this is my most wanted place to go but dont have chance yet...
    hopefully one fine day, the chance will come.

    ReplyDelete