Tuesday, December 8, 2009

When Love and Friendship Collide


In Between

© Elhem Nejem


Between love and friendship

I'm waving like a lost ship

Between black and white

Grey takes away my sight

Between doubt and certitude

How can I have such an attitude?

I no more bear the confusion

Tell me is it truth or illusion?

I was dreaming when there came

A strange feeling I can not name

Since long you've been my only mate

My soul only you can penetrate

Inside me only you can see

Like sugar in a cup of tea

Like the door knows the key

Like the flower waits the bee

Today it is clearly seen

In between I should never have been

To a strong feeling you were blind

Something your eyes no longer hide

To your best friend love you can fake

Not knowing his heart you can break


Mella posted this very thought provoking statement on her status


One day, Love and Friendship met. Love asked, "Why do you exist when I already exist?" Friendship smiled and said,"To put a smile where you leave tears"


Which got me thinking, is it possible for us to fall in love with your best friend? You are talking about someone who knows so much about you, your past, your present, and now you want that person to be part of your future?


This person has seen the best of you, the worst, and the things in between...and you know his...and still accept him for what he is, as long as he accept yours. The one who will praise your strengths, alert you of your weaknesses, let you know that you have gone too far...
He sounds like a perfect friend, but do perfect friends make perfect partners?
I throw this question to this void...any one likes to answer??

No comments:

Post a Comment